Policies & Guidelines
A deposit equal to 50% of your stay is required to confirm your reservation with us. For a one night reservation we require full payment in advance.
Deposits made for the months of July and August, holiday weekends, and NH Motorcycle week are nonrefundable, unless the rental can be booked for equal number of cancelled days. The more notice we have to resell the rental, the more likely a deposit will be returned less a $30 processing fee.
Deposits made for all other times of the year may be refundable, provided we are notified 30 days before scheduled arrival.
If a reservation is cancelled with less than 30 days notice, the entire deposit may be forfeited. The full rate will be charged if guests do not arrive, arrive after the reserved date, or depart before the final date of guaranteed reservations. All deposits are credited to the last night(s) of reserved time and will be forfeited in case of early departure.
For the comfort and convenience of all our guests:
- Smoking is never allowed inside our rentals or on the porches of the main building. We ask that smokers do not throw cigarette butts on our grounds; please use sand filled receptacles provided.
- Fireworks are not allowed anywhere on the property including the beach. The safety of all of our guests is paramount. Not only is this a NH State Law, but we feel fireworks are a hazard to our cottages, your vacationing neighbors, boats on our dock and wildlife.
- Sleeping capacity (determined by number of beds) cannot be exceeded.
- There is a day time guest fee of $20.00 per person for visitors and they must register with our front office – day visitors are not allowed to bring pets – and are allowed 9:00 am to 6:00 pm.
- A two night minimum may apply to some holiday or special event weekends.
- Personal checks preferred; Visa, MasterCard and Discover accepted.
- There is a $30.00 charge for returned checks.
We ask that, during your stay, you take care of your rental as you would your home. We provide cleaning supplies and there is a dumpster on the property. Please leave your rental with clean dishes and free of trash.
- Only well mannered, friendly pets please.
- All poop must be scooped at the time of deposit and placed immediately in the dumpster.
- Poop bags are available at the office.
- Pets must be leashed at all times/under your complete control.
- Pets may not be left unattended for long periods of time (inside or outside). A pet left unattended that barks continually will be asked to leave.
- Pets may not be tied to any Cottage Place property (porch railings, picnic tables, Adirondack chairs, play area, etc).
- Be considerate of all other guests in regards to barking, jumping, and shaking.
- If there is a problem with a pet, we will recommend our very well respected local kennel for the remainder of your stay.
Thank you in advance for understanding that most properties do not allow pets because of the liability they pose. We feel strongly that your pet should be part of your vacation. The pet fee offsets our insurance cost and covers the additional cleaning costs. Your well behaved pet is allowed anywhere on the property including our beach.
Stay and Enjoy our property, Swim in the lake, watch a fiery sunset listening to the loons calling, Relax in front of a camp fire while the moon rises over Evans Cove. Hike the Squam Range. Just Simplify during your stay with us.